MISSION STATEMENT AND GENERAL OBJECTIVES
The Naples Academy of Beauty LLC Mission is to provide a quality professional education. We believe in educating our students while integrating wellness and beauty into their lives. We will do this by:
- Creating an environment of trust and respect
- Encouraging a commitment to teamwork
- Promoting personal and professional development
- Inspiring the continuous quest for knowledge and growth
- By supporting our students in this manner, we will enable them to provide service that exceeds our clients' expectations.
Naples Academy of Beauty LLC and all of its programs are: Licensed by the Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education, additional information regarding this institution may be obtained by contacting the Commission at:
325 West Gaines Street, Suite 1414,
Tallahassee, FL 32399
All licenses and certifications may be reviewed at the school during regular business hours. The campus administrator may be contacted during normal business hours to schedule an appointment to review certification documents and to obtain other consumer information regarding the institution, enrollment or programs offered.
The campus includes:
- 10,000 square feet of air-conditioned space
- Classrooms for theory and practical training
- A student salon with new equipment
- Offices used for admissions, education, and counseling
- A student lounge
- An extensive library of texts, publications, curricula, audiovisual equipment and aids, and industry related journals
Welcome to the world of cosmetology! You are at the threshold of opportunity. As you begin, you may not know whether you prefer working with hair, skin, or nails. Enter the classroom with an open mind as you begin your course of study. The following vocations are options you may want to consider upon graduation.
Salon Owner or Manager
State Board Member/Examiner
Nail Care Specialist
Synthetic Nail Technician
Nail Salon Manager
Nail Salon Owner
Theatrical Makeup Artist
COSMETOLOGY CAREER CONSIDERATIONS
Naples Academy of Beauty LLC feels that students interested in pursuing a career in cosmetology or a related field should consider all aspects of such a decision. Persons who want to become professionals in this field must:
- Have finger dexterity and a sense of form and artistry
- Enjoy dealing with the public and be able to follow a client's direction
- Keep abreast of the latest fashions and beauty techniques
- Work long hours while building a personal clientele in order to earn the desired income
- Make a strong commitment to the educational process and complete the course of study
- Learn the skills necessary to operate a personal business
In addition, applicants and students should be aware that:
- The work can be arduous and physically demanding because of long hours standing with hands at shoulder level or sitting over a nail technician's station or esthetician's chair.
- A personal investment may be required for advertising and promotions such as printing of business cards.
- There will be exposure to various chemicals and fumes that may cause allergic reactions or could be harmful if used incorrectly.
- The practice of safety and sanitation is essential for effective and successful performance within the industry.
- Methods of compensation vary and may include straight salary, salary plus commission, straight commission, sliding scale commission, retail commission or independent contracting (renting space and equipment from an existing salon).
JOB DEMAND IN COSMETOLOGY
Overall employment of barbers, cosmetologists, and other personal appearance workers is projected to grow slightly faster than the average for all occupations. Opportunities for entry level workers should be favorable, while job candidates at high-end establishments will face keen competition. Personal appearance workers will grow by 14 percent from 2006 to 2016, faster than the average for all occupations. This growth primarily will be a result of an increasing population and from the growing demand for personal appearance services, particularly skin care services.
Employment of hairdressers, hairstylists, and cosmetologists should increase by 12 percent because many now cut and style both men’s and women’s hair and because the demand for hair treatment by teens and aging baby boomers is expected to remain steady or even grow. Continued growth in the number of nail salons and full-service day spas will generate numerous job openings for manicurists, pedicurists, and skin care specialists. Employment of manicurists and pedicurists will grow by 28 percent, while employment of shampooers will increase by 13 percent. Estheticians and other skin care specialists will see large gains in employment, and are expected to grow 34 percent as more facial procedures to improve one’s complexion become available and become more popular in spas and some medical settings.
While Naples Academy of Beauty LLC cannot guarantee employment for graduates, assistance in finding suitable employment is provided by posting area job openings on a career opportunities bulletin board for students to review. Students also receive training in how to seek employment that includes how to write a resume, complete an employment application and prepare for an effective interview. Due to the ever increasing dollars spent in the beauty industry, graduates have an amazing opportunity to obtain an employment position. Those students, who are highly motivated, serious, and ready to work hard, are in high demand.
Express your creativity and talent in hair, skin, nail care, and makeup application. Our cosmetology course incorporates 1200 hours of extensive hands on learning to provide you a complete understanding of beauty and wellness. Upon completion you'll be ready to succeed as a licensed cosmetologist. A Naples Academy education is rigorous and thorough. Throughout the 40 week Cosmetology Program, you'll cover the necessary topics in varying levels of depth and detail, giving you an exceptional foundation for your professional career and your state board.
The Power of Touch
The Naples Academy Massage Therapy program is a 500 hour certification course that will prepare you for a job as a certified massage therapist. The focus of the program is Swedish massage, deep tissue massage, and spa treatments with an emphasis on anatomy, physiology, and pathology. In addition, you will be introduced to variety of other massage modalities such as aromaology, pregnancy massage, energy work, foot reflexology and others. Clinic floor experience provides real world training to prepare you for a career in the growing field.
Touch & Technology
The Naples Academy Esthetics program is a 360 hour course that will prepare you for a career as a Licensed Esthetician. This technical program will teach you about the anatomy and physiology of the skin as well as skin conditions and disorders. With a focus on skin care, make up, facial and full body waxing, the program features clinic floor experience working on a variety of skin conditions to prepare you for work in this expanding field. Upon completion of your training, you will be ready to successfully pass the Florida State Esthiology Licensing Exam to begin your career in Esthetics.
Manicure Your Skills
Nails and Pedicures
The Naples Academy Nail program enables you to master the skills, science and creativity required by the nail enhancement industry, as well as introducing you to ongoing discoveries in the science of hand and foot beauty. As a new professional nail and pedicure artist and future businessperson, you'll be ready to face the ongoing challenges of keeping up on the trends, science, and products to meet consumers' demands. It's a complex balancing act—one that directly relates to your bottom line.
To help you learn, practice, and deliver the latest in nail enhancement advances, our Nail Department features state-of-the-art curriculum, reflecting on the science of hand and foot beauty.